rss
email
twitter
facebook


Sunday, January 3, 2010

Aero Commander

For a long time I resisted downloading and using the Aero Commander model as I thought that it was too amateuristic, I didn't think I would like it so I avoided it. I was an idiot to say the least. After finally giving in I couldn't stop flying it and I got a good 60 hours in it during the course of a month and a half. The original aircraft was conceived by Ted Smith at Douglas but since Douglas wasn't interested in it a new company was set up that in 1946 presented the L3805, the predecessor of the commanders. A large number of different models have been designed, built and produced. The flightsim model by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and André Folkers has a number of these simulated.

Panel
The panels of the different downloadable sets of the commander are nicely down, the viewpoint is good and they contain pretty much all that you need. There are a couple different one, from the scrubby one in the cargo version to the nice one in the 680 version and the brown/beige one in the 500 version. All nicely done and highly enjoyable. I should also mention that there both VC and no-VC version to download. I usually prefer no-VC versions so that is what I downloaded for these ones.

Sound
The sound is nothing spectacular but it works nicely with the model.

Flight dynamics
On the website it states that the model has hand-flyer dynamics and that is very true, the very first time I took it up, trimmed it correctly and flew it it was great! It is easy to hand fly and unless I have to fly it a longer distance I usually fly it by hand. This is the way to fly. The model is very stable and easy to turn it even flies nicely on one engine.

0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment

Advertisment


Free Blog Counter