rss
email
twitter
facebook


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Airports of the alps

Link: download page

So I saw a piece of news at avsim about a new fsx scenery for a l'Alpe d'Huez scenery that has just come out. It looked spectacular but as I don't have fsx I couldn't buy it and use it. The thing I liked about it the most was the cool looking sloping runway along the side of the mountain but I remember reading something about that not being available in fs9. Anyway, I got interested in the scenery and wondered if there was any freeware version around for fs9.

A quick surf over to http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php and onto the France page I found a freeware version of l'Alpe d'Huez, Megève, Courchevel, Méribel and La Motte. I downloaded them and installed them. The install was quite easy, the only thing was that I had to download the textures separate but that was nothing out of the ordinary.

I loaded fs9 and found the airports listed under the second part of the go to airport, you know the part where your addon sceneries usually ends up. selected l'Alpe d'Huez and gave it a try.

The really nice thing is that the runways are sloped, I guess there not really runways as far as fs9 sees them but it really works. They are of course a bit tricky to take off from and land on, it is very interesting to see the runway coming closer at an angle and it is interesting to land at them for sure.

Anyway I really recommend the sceneries, they are a nice addition to the flightsimming experience and certainly a challenge.

0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment

Advertisment


Free Blog Counter